Our Mission : To know Jesus and make Him known to the Glory of God!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Did Jesus teach TULIP?


For an overview of what TULIP is please see the blog post: The Five Points of Calvinism

____

Total Depravity = Mark 7:20-23 "And He was saying, "That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. "All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."

Matt. 7:17, "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit; but the bad tree bears bad fruit."

Unconditional Election - John 6:44, "No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 6:65, "And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father."

Mark 4:10-12, "And as soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve, began asking Him about the parables. And He was saying to them, "To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God; but those who are outside get everything in parables, in order that while seeing, they may see and not perceive; and while hearing, they may hear and not understand lest they return and be forgiven."

Matt. 11:27, "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."

John 6:38-40, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

Limited Atonement - John 10:11, "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."

John 10:26, "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep."

Matt. 25:32, "And all the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left."

Irresistible Grace - Matt. 4:19, "And He *said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." And they immediately left the nets, and followed Him."

Matt. 9:9, "And as Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man, called Matthew, sitting in the tax office; and He *said to him, “Follow Me!” And he rose, and followed Him."

Perseverance of the Saints - John 6:38-40, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him, may have eternal life; and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

John 10:27-28, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment